The Department of Foreign Languages at the University of North Alabama provides a major in Foreign Languages and Foreign Languages for Commerce, both offer concentrations in French, German, and Spanish. A minor is also available in French, German and/or Spanish. From 6 to 14 credit hours in the same foreign language are required in the general studies component of all Bachelor of Arts programs. The educational facilities of the Department of Foreign Languages are second to none. With our fully equipped languages laboratory, language students may use multimedia language computer software, Internet based resources, audio, and video to enhance their language skills.
Foreign Languages Newsletter Fall 2015 - GlobalTalk
The Department of Foreign Languages and the College of Education now offer a Master of Secondary Education in Spanish. Check out the Press Release!
Attention: New requirements for the Foreign Language Major
The following checksheets list the requirements in the 2015-2016 Undergraduate Catalog:
- Conversation Table - Come join the Spanish Conversation Table!!! Starting September 8, 2015 in Wesleyan Hall on the 3rd floor. It will be held every Tuesday from 2:00-2:50. Beginning Spanish speakers always welcome. Hope to see you there.
- Congratulations to Danae Thackerson for representing the Department of Foreign Languages and winning both the College of Arts and Sciences' and the campus wide Three Minute Thesis competition. This exciting competition involved Danae explaining her research to a wide audience in under three minutes.
Study Abroad Videos:
- New Study Shows Brain Benefits Of Bilingualism
- What can I do with this major?
- Language Study In the Age of Globalization: The College-Level Experience
- Knowing Other Languages Brings Opportunities
- Learn more about the Foreign Language Honor Society
- Mission Statement of the Department of Foreign Languages
- Bilinguals Have Faster, More Adaptive Brains When They Get Older, Study Finds
The Department of Foreign Languages congratulates Todd Erickson, Tia Nall, Ian Patlan-Mendonza, Layla Talley and Maya Vasileva as the Spring 2015 recipients of the Foreign Languages Endowed Scholarships.
Semester Abroad Documentary - Cuba by Kennedy Pope
- Department of Foreign Languages Scholarship Application and Guidelines
- University Travel Abroad Scholarship Application