Faculty/Staff ADA Accommodations Issues Procedure
Faculty and Staff with questions and concerns regarding accommodations and services for students with disabilities should:
The Initial Process:
- First, be directed first to Disability Support Services.
- Second, if accommodation issue is not resolved, DSS may require a meeting with the student involved, the instructor and/or college representative, and other involved parties.
- Finally, if an agreement concerning an accommodation request is not reached, then a formal appeal is written.
The Appeal Process:
- The appeal should clearly state that basis and rationale for the concern, and should be transmitted as a confidential document.
- Appeals related to courses and curricula should be directed to the appropriate Dean.
- If resolution is not decided upon, the appeal may be forwarded to the Vice President of Academic Affairs, 212 Bibb Graves Hall.
- Appeals involving student services and activities should be filed with the Vice President of Student Affairs and University Counsel, 217 Bibb Graves Hall.
- The Vice President for Student Affairs and University Counsel will consider the appeal and render a final decision which will be communicated to all parties.
- During the appeal process, the student is entitled to receive all accommodations recommended by DSS.
- It is important that concerns are addressed promptly so that the student's participation in the course, program, or activity is not affected.
If you have questions or concerns about the documentation, please contact DSS at: