Information Technology Services
Don't miss our Welcome Week booth!
ITS staff will be stationed in the GUC from 9 am until 2pm each day from Wednesday, August 24 through Friday, August 26, to help students with their campus-related technology. Currently enrolled students can enter to win some great tech for showing us they've done any of the following (4 completed tasks mean 4 separate entries):
- Register in our Password Reset System - this can be done anytime by following the gold CLICK HERE button on the right side of this page. If done ahead of time, the student just needs to come by and let us know so we can verify and enter them in the drawings.
- Attach a wireless device to UNA's wireless properly (not as guest) - students can either show us a properly connected device or let us help them get connected properly to be entered in the drawings.
- Set up their UNA email on a mobile device - again, students can either show is their email is set up on their device or let us help them get it set up for an entry in the drawings.
- Change their UNA password (seriously, that's all) - come by the booth and change their password, that's it. Why do we care? Come by and ask us!
We'll be emailing currently enrolled students the complete details, including a list of the great prizes our vendors have donated.
Click HERE for information about how to get started in Office.
Campus IT changes this summer
Check back here for the latest news about our progress throughout the summer. Coming changes include rolling out Windows 10 and Office 2016 (beginning with Labs and eClassrooms), as well as changes to campus wireless and the UNA phone system.
Go to our Summer Updates page for details about our progress.
IT Services Mission
"To provide technical resources and expertise to the university community in support of the University Strategic Plan."
IT Services Guiding Principles
- To provide technological expertise to support the academic, administrative, and service needs of the University community.
- To maintain ongoing constructive communication between Information Technology Services and the University community.
- To provide software, network, telephone, and Internet services for the University community.
- To implement software and hardware upgrades and to provide the University community access to appropriate up-to-date technology.
The University of North Alabama maintains a comprehensive Local Area Network (LAN) connecting the majority of buildings at the UNA Main Campus and UNA East Campus to each other. This high-performance connection is through a combination of 1 GB and 10 GB fiber optic cable and Cat 5e and Cat 6 cable. The faculty, staff and students have access to the Internet, UNAPortal (including Banner), Canvas, Office 365, and many other applications. Wireless access is available in 100% of the buildings on campus.
ITS Help Desk
- Employees: ITS Help Desk
- 8:00 am-4:30 pm
- (256) 765-4865