RN to BSN Online
The University of North Alabama has been identified as being one of the best online RN-BSN programs by Great College Deals.
- New scholarship opportunity for ALL undergraduate nursing students, Traditional and Online
- Click here for the scholarship criteria and application
- Deadline is March 1
The BSN and MSN programs of the college are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. Our BSN is accredited for the term of 10 years through June 30, 2021; MSN is accredited for the term of 10 years through June 30, 2023.
Today’s RN requires flexible educational options and UNA’s College of Nursing is committed to providing those flexible options. Students enrolled full-time in the RN to BSN online program are able to complete professional coursework in one year! Clinical requirements are arranged in the student’s own community. Students set their own schedule, never worry about travel, parking, or babysitters, and enjoy the multitude of resources available online. All professional nursing courses are completed online.
Why Choose UNA ?
- Innovative and flexible schedules.
- After successful completion of one semester of nursing, provision is made for 30 credit hours of prior nursing courses.
- General educational requirements may be completed concurrently with professional coursework.
- Competitive tuition.
- Non-resident fees are waived for RN to BSN/MSN online nursing students.
- Enthusiastic and supportive faculty.
- History of quality nursing education since 1973.
- Approved by the Alabama Board of Nursing.
RN/BSN Student Handbook 2016-2017: Word Version
RN/BSN Student Handbook 2016-2017: PDF Version
This online program does not lead to any professional licensure or certification that would be regulated by your state board of nursing. Our program does include clinical requirements which are completed in your community under the supervision of a preceptor who you will secure with assistance from the course instructor. If your state Board of Nursing (BON) requires approval of a supervised field experience, such professional approval requirements remain in effect. Please contact your BON if you have any questions about this requirement. If you or your state’s BON have questions about the program, please contact dr. Linda Austin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently, we cannot accept students from the following states and regions:
Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands
District of Columbia
For Additional Info or AdvisingMrs. Cindy P. Mashburn
Administrative Assistant, Online Program
UNA Box 5127| 223 Stevens Hall
orMs. Lauren Shell
Online Nursing Enrollment Coordinator
UNA Box 5127 | 227 Stevens Hall