Traditional BSN Accelerated Option
- Designed for individuals with a Bachelors degree from an accredited University in any discipline, other than Nursing
- A 16 month program beginning January each year
- Same prerequisites specific to nursing as the Traditional BSN Option
- Acceptance to UNA
- Traditional BSN admissions requirements specific to nursing
- Evidence of a 3.0 GPA in either the first degree or on the completed prerequisite courses
How to begin? Follow the steps below to get started!
- Apply to UNA and declare nursing as your major
- Have transcripts from first degree sent to the UNA Admission's Office, UNA Box 5011
- You must be accepted to UNA to be eligible for application to the College of Nursing
- Once accepted to UNA you will be assigned to a nursing advisor
- Once assigned an advisor, make an appointment to meet with or talk with your advisor who will assist you in determining your eligibility for application to the Accelerated BSN Option.
- Successfully complete prerequisite courses specific to nursing
- Apply to the Accelerated BSN Option
- Application period is September 1-30 of each year. If the 30th falls on a weekend, the last day will be the Friday before.
- Applications will be available online for applicants to print during this time. Hardcopies of the application with the application and assessment exam fees are due by the deadline.
- For more information contact Ms. Alaina Ramey at email@example.com or Dr. Tera Kirkman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuition & Fees
- In addition to the UNA tuition and fees schedule found on the UNA website, there are additional fees for specific nursing courses in each semester of the program. Please see course descriptions in the UNA Catalog.
For Additional Info or Advising
Traditional/Accelerated Students contact:
Traditional Nursing Enrollment Coordinator
UNA Box 5054 | 312B Stevens Hall