Procurement Bid Process
Code of Alabama Title 41 Article 2: Competitive Bidding on Public Contracts Generally
Code of Alabama Title 39: Public Works
Why Are There Bid Laws
The purpose of the bid law is to ensure fair & equitable opportunity for suppliers to participate in State Awarded business.
Bid Law Requirements
Any purchase of goods or services exceeding $15,000.00 within one fiscal year must be formally bid using a sealed bid process.
- Any item that independently costs $15,000.00 or more.
- Service or Maintenance contract that will exceed $15,000.00 over the life of the agreement.
- Common items bought across campus that fall subject to the bid law: computers, printers, office supplies, furniture, printing, t-shirts, etc.
- Submit desired requirements to Procurement office (preferably electronically)
- Procurement will create bid & send invitations for sealed bid responses.
- Bids are opened & tabulated in public
- The tabulation results will be forwarded back to the Requisitioner with an Award Recommendation.
- Upon agreement the Bid Award is posted
- At this time the Requisitioner is free to submit a requisition for purchase.