Purchase Order Process
Every expenditure must be for the direct benefit of the University of North Alabama. Documentation as to this benefit should be made available as evidence of compliance. Include all quotes or other pertinent documentation with your requisition to avoid order entry errors. Certainly any immediate payment request requires the invoice or form detailing the charge, payment location and timing. A W-9 form is required to establish a new supplier code in Banner and to ensure all appropriate tax details are entered accurately. As always, if you have any questions please contact us for guidance.
- Create Requisition On-Line (Una Portal)
- Forward Signed Requisition Copy to Procurement Office (include 2 copies of documents that detail item(s) needed)
- Purchase Order is printed in 3 copies:
- White Copy –Vendor
- Blue Copy –Requisitioner
- Pink Copy –Accounts Payable
- Upon receipt of goods/services sign the Blue copy & forward to Accounts Payable to authorize payment.
NOTE: If purchase order is set up for immediate payment (i.e. “check with order”) the Blue copy will be routed directly to Accounts Payable by the Procurement Office.