Preparing for your Pre-Registration Appointment
Pre-registration is the process by which you meet with your advisor to plan your schedule for the next semester. You must meet with an advisor before you can pre-register for classes.
Please review the following information before making an appointment to meet with your advisor:
- Review your program of study in the catalog in effect at the time you enrolled in classes at UNA, not necessarily the current catalog.
- Log into your UNA portal and go to Academic Transcript under Student Profile to review the courses that you have completed and in which you are currently enrolled.
- Draft a schedule of classes that includes course numbers, call numbers and section numbers. All of this information can be found in the published schedule of classes on the Registrar's website or under Look Up Classes. In order to make the most effective use of both your time and your advisor's time, come to your appointment with a draft of your schedule.
- Prepare questions to ask your advisor about course selection, academic progress, and career opportunities in the field of your major.
- Call/email your advisor for an appointment or choose a time slot from the schedule posted outside his/her office.
- Keep your appointment. Call or email your advisor if you must cancel.