Mission & Priorities
In any emergency situation, The University of North Alabama’s overriding mission is to:
- Protect life
- Secure our critical infrastructure and facilities
- Resume the academic process
General emergency responses should follow these goals. Naturally the characteristics of a particular emergency (such as time or day when an incident occurs) may require some adjustments within the following response priority categories:
- Buildings used by dependent populations.
- Occupied classrooms and offices, library, childcare centers, and occupied student event areas.
- Buildings critical to health and safety.
- Sites containing potential hazards or hazardous material.
- Facilities that sustain the Emergency Management Team.
- Energy systems, communication systems and utilities.
- Administrative building.
- Vacant classrooms and other non-essential buildings.
For emergencies dial (911) or (4357) on any campus phone.