English as a Second Language
Apply for admission in the English as a Second Language program in seven easy steps. You can email scanned copies of all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin pre-approval. Original documents can follow by mail after pre-approval.
One additional step is required for students currently studying in the US at another school, college or university
An official notarized copy of your high school diploma and transcripts and - if applicable - your undergraduate diploma should be submitted to finalize admission. All transcripts should be notarized of attested by a government institution.
A non-refundable application fee of one hundred dollars ($100) is required of every international applicant. Include an international money order or U.S. check made payable to the University of North Alabama or fill out the payment with credit card section in the application form. No wire transfers or application fee waivers.
Statement of Purpose
- Tell us about yourself: personal background, academic interest, career aspiration, volunteering experience, etc.
- Tell us why you want to study in the US
- Tell us why you chose to apply to UNA
An original letter in English on official bank stationery must be submitted from a bank or other financial institution in which the sponsor of the student has savings deposits, certificates of deposit, money market certificates or other types of accounts containing readily available funds. This letter must provide a specific numerical amount of funds; a letter with a general amount is not acceptable. The minimum amount required in this letter must be equal to $24,000. Letters must be signed and dated within one year of the time the student plans to enroll. Financial sponsors who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents must submit the I-134 Immigration form which can be printed from this website.
A letter from student's sponsor which includes:
- a statement that the sponsor is able to and willing to provide for the student financially for the entire duration of the student's program
- the sponsor's contact information including address, phone number and e-mail address if available
- the student's complete name and date of birth