English as a Second Language
Listed below are the documents required for admission in the ESL program. Please make sure to include all the documents listed below in your application envelope.
- Official Application. Download it here
- Official High School Diploma or University Degree Sheet
- Official Transcript
- Contact your International Student Advisor and submit this form if you are transferring from another U.S. institution.
- $100 Application Fee
- Official Bank Letter showing $22,000 US dollars
- A letter from student's sponsor which includes:
- a statement that the sponsor is able to and willing to provide for the student financially for the entire duration of the student's program
- the sponsor's contact information including address, phone number and e-mail address if available
- the student's complete name and date of birth
A non-refundable application fee of one hundred dollars ($100) is required of every international applicant. Include an international money order or U.S. check made payable to the University of North Alabama or fill out the payment with credit card section in the application form. No wire transfers or application fee waivers.
An original letter in English on official bank stationery must be submitted from a bank or other financial institution in which the sponsor of the student has savings deposits, certificates of deposit, money market certificates or other types of accounts containing readily available funds. This letter must provide a specific numerical amount of funds; a letter without any amount is not acceptable. The minimum amount required in this letter must be equal to $22,000. Letters must be signed and dated within one year of the time the student plans to enroll. Financial sponsors who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents must submit the I-134 Immigration form which can be printed from this website.