Your UNA Payroll Resource
- To ensure the accuracy of the University of North Alabama’s payrolls
- To process payrolls in a timely manner according to published payroll schedules
- To provide service that will promote confidence and goodwill and support the total mission of the Controller’s Office
Understanding Your W-2
REMEMBER: Your W-2 shows the amount of wages that were taxed, not the actual amount earned.
You will notice a new deduction code on your check stub: FIA reflects an additional 0.9% Medicare tax, added by the Affordable Care Act (ACA, also known as Obamacare), on wages and income in excess of $200,000.
2016 Limits on Elective Deferrals to TIAA/RSA are:
- Under 50 years of age: $18,000
- Over 50 years of age: $24,000