Frequently Asked Questions about Graduate Admissions

Do I need to send each of my transcripts to UNA even if my previous coursework is on my final transcript?

Yes. We must have official transcripts from ALL institutions previously attended. Transcripts should be sent electronically to or mailed to:

Office of Graduate Admissions
UNA Box 5078
Florence, AL 35632

May I update my graduate application?

Yes. Login to your MyUNA profile for instructions to Update Profile on your application. 

Does UNA accept transfer credit?

Yes, with approval.  To receive transfer credit, students must submit a transfer credit approval form.  Please contact your advisor for more information about the transfer credit policy in your graduate program.


How do I reactivate my admission status?

To reactivate your admission status, login to your MyUNA Profile to Apply Online.  The application fee is waived.  Admission material should be on file if you have previously enrolled or if you have applied to graduate school at UNA within the past two years.


Does UNA offer online graduate programs?

Yes. Several of our graduate programs can be completed online.  These programs include: Master of Business Administration, Master of Science in Nursing, Master of Arts in History, Master of Science in Criminal Justice, Master of Science in Family Studies, Master of Arts in Education (Elementary Education), Education Specialist, and Master of Professional Studies. UNA also offers many online courses across majors.  Online course offerings can be viewed in the Class Schedule


Should I contact my advisor prior to registration?

Yes. Your advisor will assist with your program of study.  Contact your department for more information.


When should I start the application process?

Now. We’re here to help, so give us a call at 1-800-TALK-UNA ext.4447 or send an e-mail to if you have more questions.