STUDENT ADVISING - Our Office of Professional and Interdisciplinary Studies staff is ready to assist MPS students with advising and registration for the Summer 2015 and Fall 2015 semesters. Please call 256.765.5003 to set up your consultation.
The Master of Professional Studies (MPS) degree is an applied professional program with workforce development and personal development at the core of its mission. This graduate degree is designed to provide students an accessible, online, and affordable opportunity to achieve their educational and professional objectives.
The MPS degree has been approved by the Alabama Commission on Higher Education and is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. The program is a full 33 to 36 credit hour graduate degree program with a thesis or non-thesis option. It is not a graduate certificate program.
Through this program students will demonstrate:
• an understanding of the nature and impact of major social, economic, and political forces, including population diversity, technological change, and globalization
• the ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences
• the ability to conduct research and utilize research findings as a foundation for decision making
• an understanding of ethical bases for decision making
• the ability to lead, negotiate, and resolve conflicts
Students will acquire and demonstrate these skills through a specific set of six required core courses and a set of four courses within one of the following specialization areas: Community Development, Security and Safety Leadership, and Information Technology.
Please call UNA's Office of Professional and Interdisciplinary Studies for more information (256.765.5003).