The University of North Alabama's Visual Arts and Design Department is having its annual ceramics sale April 17-18 in the Guillot University Center.

Ceramics Sale at UNA Set for April 17

Apr. 05, 2023

Michelle R. Eubanks , UNA, at meubanks@una.edu, 256.765.4392

FLORENCE, AL – The University of North Alabama’s Visual Arts and Design Department is having its annual ceramics sale April 17-18 from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. both days in the atrium of the Guillot University Center. 

“I’ve found that the sale is a good way to introduce people to UNA’s art program,” said Grace Macey, one of the shop technicians who is creating pieces for the sale. “We love to interact with new people and help them appreciate the arts. The ceramics classes are a lot of fun, and we encourage people to come join us, even if they aren’t art majors.” 

From vases to mugs to bowls and other unique, one-of-a-kind pieces, the sale includes a wide variety of pottery staples. Students like Macey as well as professors in the department prepare months in advance for the sale. 

“As a ceramics major, I appreciate any opportunity to get eyes on my work,” Macey said. “I love that my department provides with these opportunities. This sale gives me a chance to talk to people about my work and market myself. My goal is to be a professional potter, so getting experience in selling my work while still in undergrad is important to me.”

The sale is open to the campus and the greater Shoals community. All proceeds help support expenses related to student travel, attendance at conferences and exhibitions, as well as welcoming visiting artists to campus.

About The University of North Alabama

The University of North Alabama is an accredited, comprehensive regional state university offering credential, certificate, baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral programs in the colleges of Arts, Sciences, and Engineering; Business and Technology; Education and Human Sciences; and the Anderson College of Nursing and Health Professions. The first-choice University for more than 10,000 on-campus and online students, UNA is on a bucolic campus in Florence, Alabama, part of the historic and vibrant Shoals region. Lions Athletics, a renowned collegiate athletics program with seven (7) Division II National Championships, is now a proud member of the NCAA Division I’s ASUN Conference. The University of North Alabama is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate in the admission policy on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, disability, age, or national origin. For more: www.una.edu and www.una.edu/unaworks/