Adam Kendrick said the Cole Honors College is a great place to make lasting friendships while preparing for his role in the workforce.

Cole Honors College is a Place to Make Lasting Friendships

Apr. 26, 2023

Caroline Conkle , at cconkle@una.edu

Fourth in a Series.

The University of North Alabama is home to the Delores and Weldon Cole Honors College. Its mission is to provide students with a great college experience that translates into postgraduate success. The College is full of many students with different majors, backgrounds, and aspirations. 

As a student in the Cole Honors College myself, I am writing a series of student profiles on other students in the College and how their time at UNA and as an Honors student is preparing them for future success. 

Adam Kendrick is a junior majoring in computer science with a minor in math. Here he is in his own words.

Q: Why did you choose to come to UNA?

A: I chose UNA because I could see that there were many opportunities for me to grow and develop in both myself and also in my career.

Q: If you were to give your younger self advice about coming to college, what would you say?

A: If I were to give my younger self any advice it would be to pursue what you have an interest in both inside and outside of school.

Q: What drew you to Honors? Why did you want to join?

I was drawn to Honors because I knew it would set me above others in my field and give my access to resources that others wouldn’t have.

Q: If you were to tell someone to join the Honors College, what would you say?

A: The Honors College will set you above others in your field, and it also is a great opportunity to meet great people. Some of my great friends are also in the Honors College, and we are taking similar classes, so we grow closer and closer.

Q: How do you feel UNA is preparing you for success?

A: UNA offers so many avenues for everyone to succeed; whatever you want to achieve UNA is the perfect place for that.

About The University of North Alabama

The University of North Alabama is an accredited, comprehensive regional state university offering credential, certificate, baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral programs in the colleges of Arts, Sciences, and Engineering; Business and Technology; Education and Human Sciences; and the Anderson College of Nursing and Health Professions. The first-choice University for more than 10,000 on-campus and online students, UNA is on a bucolic campus in Florence, Alabama, part of the historic and vibrant Shoals region. Lions Athletics, a renowned collegiate athletics program with seven (7) Division II National Championships, is now a proud member of the NCAA Division I’s ASUN Conference. The University of North Alabama is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate in the admission policy on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, disability, age, or national origin. For more: www.una.edu and www.una.edu/unaworks/